The National Theater for the Deaf seeks individuals interested in serving as board members. Since moving to Washington, DC in 2020, NTD has developed a new mission, “to explore what it means to be Deaf in America, through arts-focused initiatives and stories about us, by us, through us.” We are preparing to launch new programs to support this mission. Energetic and motivated individuals with strengths in any of the areas listed below are encouraged to apply.
- Social media
- Email newsletter and regular website blog updates
- Webmaster/ website maintenance
- Grant writing
- Fundraising and donor relations
- Revenue streams
- Intern supervision
- Networking with artists – local to DC and elsewhere
- Networking with other arts organizations – local to DC and elsewhere
- DC-MD-VA (DMV) focused networking (with intent of establishing presence)
We are a working board and members are expected to devote an average of four hours per week to NTD activities. Members are appointed for three year renewable terms, with a maximum service period of nine years. The board strives for representation of diversity in the deaf community. Hearing individuals may serve as non-voting members. We are currently a majority BIPOC board and committed to maintaining this achievement.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2022.
- One page letter explaining why you want to be involved; what you can bring to board; and your area of interest.
- One page resume highlighting relevant experience.
Board terms will begin July 1, 2022.
Click on the image above to view this message in ASL.