POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – National Theater of the Deaf Theatre Producing Director
Contingent on Grant Funding
The National Theatre of the Deaf (NTD) is looking to commission a new work with a Theatre Producing Director leading the effort. The Theatre Producing Director will be responsible for leading and producing a new performance for the National Theatre of the Deaf in 2020. This independent contract position is contingent on successfully obtaining a new grant. NTD will assemble grant proposals with the Theatre Producing Director’s vision as the lead narrative. The Theatre Producing Director will be a key external face of the planned NTD production.
This position requires passion for creative talent development, and deep knowledge of applied theatre, social and emotional learning skills, and culturally responsive practice.The Theatre Producing Director will have experience working with a range of races/ethnicities and cultures and people in underserved communities. NTD is an equal opportunity employer.
Position status: Independent contractor – short-term; grant-based.
- Lead the production team.
- Recruit, hire, orient and manage a diverse and talented performance team.
- Work with staff to build effective relationships with each other and their constituents.
- Model core organizational values in all settings.
- Conduct weekly team meetings with NTD leadership team.
- Partner with NTD leadership team in support of larger organizational goals.
What we are looking for:
- Strong alignment with the NTD mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Expertise in applied theatre, social and emotional learning, and creative development.
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent American Sign Language (ASL) and written communication skills.
- Sophisticated understanding of how to convey complex topics to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Job Type: Independent Contractor.
Experience: Relevant: 4+ years (Preferred).
Work Location: Remote for planning duties, on-site in West Hartford, CT for production, training and rehearsals.
Submit Your Cover Letter & Resume by October 31, 2019 for review and selection to: Shane Feldman, NTD Strategic Consultant at email@example.com. Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will enable NTD to include the person selected in the grant application planning/writing process.